The principle core of the Kiwanis mission is the belief that the most effective way to enhance a community is to enhance its children. When you give a child a chance to learn, experience, dream and succeed, great things will happen.
KIWANIS SERVICE LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS:
Kiwanis club sponsors Kiwanis-family organizations that provide young people and adults with opportunities to perform community service and develop leadership skills. K-Kids clubs in elementary schools, Builders Clubs in junior high and middle schools, Key Clubs in high schools, Circle K clubs at the collegiate level, Kiwanis Junior clubs for young adults in Europe, Aktion Clubs for adults living with disabilities, and Key Leader, a youth development leadership program, reach out to those in need and develop future generations of leaders. K-Kids, Bring Up Grades (BUG) and Terrific Kids are all part of the Kiwanis Kids program to help develop self-esteem, leadership skills, morals and standards, and respect for others at an early age.
Founded in 1915 and heaquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time.
Kiwanis is the place for you if you:
- Believe children are the future.
- Take pride in your community.
- Want to reach out to those in need.
- Enjoy meeting new people.
Because Kiwanis members:
- Improve communities one child at a time.
- Build enduring friendships.
- Better the lives of children.
- Participate in fun and fellowship.
- Sharpen leadership skills.
- Develop business contacts.
- Gain insight to local and international issues.
- Attain a greater appreciate of their own talents and successes.